Friday, March 7, 2008

So I've Just Had a Thought

Well, between writing that title and beginning these words, I've seen a news story that seems to throw my own thoughts into crisis, but I turned on the news to a story about the possibility or the likelihood of a Clinton Obama or an Obama Clinton, so-called 'dream ticket', which, I was going to point out, ought to be no sweat to Clinton as, particularly for a woman, she is not really getting old. Obama, on the other hand, is rightly considered far too young to want to be Hillary Clinton's Vice-President, as he can do plenty more good for himself and for his ideology, in his present position as a senator, than as a Vice President to a strong President.

There is no question that Hillary Clinton would be a strong president. I think, though, that there is equally little question that Obama would be the same. Either one would be able to get particular things done and would fail to get other things done. Hillary though, would make a great Top Advisor type to a sitting president, a spectacular two headed foreign policy delegation (her and Bill that is), and would still be vigorous enough to be a great Vice President-to-President candidate at the end of eight years.

But unfortunately a top advisor to Senator Obama has made inflamatory statements about Senator Clinton, so that might become a problem, ego-wise that I, unfortunately did not really think we would get down to. I guess I can still hope this will come to be seen as a 'water under the bridge' event, but I'm not sure Hillary Clinton is a 'water under the bridge' sort of person.

No comments: